Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Sports Rant Of The Day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sports Rant Of The Day

    Anybody else get peeved when mediocre players get paid millions to criticize current players? I'm watching Trent Dilfer breaking down game film,talking about why Mark Sanchez is throwing so many picks. Trent Dilfer? Seriously? Now if it were Dan Marino,Joe Montana,Warren Moon...etc I could stomach it. It's like listening to Wally Dallenbach doing NASCAR,or the 1970's Olympic 6th place diver criticizing an athlete for missing a dive. Is it just me that this irritates? When I hear/see guys like Andre Ware breaking it down,it just kills me. Hey David Klingler/Heath Shuler.....see if ESPN will hire you guys
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    just because he did't put up the numbers doesn't mean he can't look at film and see what is going on. Bill Cowher was not a star, was just an average player and I'd say that Tony Dungey would be in that category and Bill Walsh never played the game that I know. But these guys went on to carve out a pretty successful career looking at film, breaking it down and telling others what to do.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LBU's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2006
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    "According to some on here,you have to have played to know the sport. By far the most ignorant argument we'll ever see on here." -Unchained

    Kind of the same thing, don't you think?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] "Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things." JVP[/CENTER]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    I hate over paid people in any category.
    GO VOLS

  5. #5
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    Trent Dilfer wasn't great by any means, but I think he is pretty knowledgeable when I listen to him.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Anybody else get peeved when mediocre players get paid millions to criticize current players? I'm watching Trent Dilfer breaking down game film,talking about why Mark Sanchez is throwing so many picks. Trent Dilfer? Seriously? Now if it were Dan Marino,Joe Montana,Warren Moon...etc I could stomach it. It's like listening to Wally Dallenbach doing NASCAR,or the 1970's Olympic 6th place diver criticizing an athlete for missing a dive. Is it just me that this irritates? When I hear/see guys like Andre Ware breaking it down,it just kills me. Hey David Klingler/Heath Shuler.....see if ESPN will hire you guys
    Not too many great coaches were great athletes either, why does a sportsbroadcaster have to be an EX great to call a game?
    Cant we all just get along?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    I do the same thing, I criticize QBs and I never played QB. Granted, I don't get paid money to do it but still...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    Wouldn't you rather listen to Dilfer break down film of it than the Crypt Keeper John Clayton?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    Lord they could have lou holtz rambling.
    GO VOLS

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sports Rant Of The Day

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJones View Post
    Lord they could have lou holtz rambling.
    that made me LOL

    I have no problems with Dilfer's analysis. He is actually pretty knowledgeable and def. knows how to play QB.


    Interesting you mention Dan Marino, seeing as Dilfer has one more Super Bowl ring than Marino

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •